Just north of Dublin’s Pro-Cathedral, there was an area once known as “Monto.” From the 1860s to 1925, Monto was the site of Europe’s largest red-light district. Estimates vary but some suggest that there were as many as 1,200 prostitutes working in that area. Monto’s brothels ensnared many from the higher echelons of society but their chief clientele came from the various army barracks dotted around the city.

Praise the Lord

Read the Whole Article at http://feeds.newadvent.org/bestoftheweb?format=xml