A painting of the venerable servant of God Pauline Jaricot (1799-1862) will have a place of honor on the wall in the meeting room of the National Direction of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Austria, reported Fides News Agency.
In Vienna, the conference room is called the “Paulinum” hall because it is the place where the painting is located. The painting has a particularity: Pauline Jaricot is represented with the Rosary in her hand because she is the one who invented and promoted the “Living Rosary”, offering the Marian prayer for the mission of the universal Church (in 1826); its figure indicates the sphere of the world because Jaricot founded the Council for the Propagation of the Faith (1822), which will become the Association of the Propagation of the Faith and will then be elevated to the rank of “Pontifical Society” in 1922.
The artist Clemens Maria Fuchs painted the large portrait of Pauline Jaricot, foundress of the Pontifical Mission Societies, for “Missio Austria” (the Direction of the Austrian PMS). “The ‘Mother of the World Mission’ – as Pauline is called – will soon be blessed”, “Missio Austria” points out with satisfaction. In fact, on May 26, Pope Francis authorized the publication of the decree recognizing the miracle attributed to the intercession of Pauline Marie Jaricot, paving the way for her beatification.