Two years since McCarrick allegations: A CNA timeline

Washington D.C., Jun 19, 2020 / 07:00 pm (CNA).- June 20 marks two years since the announcement that credible allegations of sexual abuse had been raised against then-Cardinal Theodore McCarrick. In the months that followed, a major crisis of abuse and cover up within the Church in the U.S. was revealed, and Church officials have responded with new policies and pledges of transparency. Here is a timeline of major events in the last two year:

 

2018

Spread the love

Read the Whole Article at http://feeds.feedburner.com/catholicnewsagency/dailynews

Analysis: Two years after McCarrick, questions are unanswered

Denver Newsroom, Jun 19, 2020 / 06:30 pm (CNA).-  

On June 20, 2018, American Catholics woke up to discover that retired Cardinal Theodore McCarrick stood accused of sexually abusing a teenager.

The cardinal said he was innocent. The New York archdiocese said it was a singular allegation. Dioceses in New Jersey said they had received isolated allegations of misconduct with adults.

Spread the love

Read the Whole Article at http://feeds.feedburner.com/catholicnewsagency/dailynews