The Holy Father has just completed his one-day pilgrimage to the Holy House of Loreto. As tradition has it – not of divine faith, but small-t ‘tradition’ – this is the original house of the Holy Family in Judea which, in the 13th century, was miraculously ‘flown’ from there by four angels, first to Tersatto in Croatia in 1291, then on to present site at Loreto, Italy in 1295, to protect the holy dwelling from desecration by Muslim invading the Holy Land. No sentimentalism there, when conquest was called what it was, in a different era when lines, including lines
Praise the Lord
- * MASS TIMES / PARISHES *
- * PARISHES ONLINE during the Corona Pandemic
- * PRAYERS
- * SEASONAL CLASSICS
Search your topic
- Olympic Games Tokyo, Stearns County Fair Sauk Centre
- Is killing ever good? A conversation about active assistance in dying
- Introduction to Christology 101 — 3 Things You Should Read to Know Christ Better
- Vatican Bank: Fr George do you launder money and help terrorists?
- Mother Angelica’s monastery elects new abbess, asks for ‘continued prayers’
- ‘Abortion is not health care’: Members of Congress speak out against proposed abortion billing rule
- British Columbia (MAiD) euthanasia deaths hit record highs.
- Aug 31: The Placing of the Precious Sash of Our Most Holy Lady the Mother of God in Calcoprateia (942)
- Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost; The Beheading of the Honourable and Glorious Prophet, Forerunner and Baptist John; Aug 29