“What did I do wrong?” sad parents ask me and every pastor. “I sent my kids to Catholic schools, brought them to church every Sunday, and now none of them comes to Mass.”Every priest has talked to these faithful people. Their pain is very deep, matched only by their confusion. What happened?In his book Divine Renovation, Father James Mallon explains this painful aspect of modern parish life using a simple example.Imagine that you were playing a game of rugby. (Personally, I can’t imagine that, but stay with me!) At half-time, without warning, the rugby match becomes a game of soccer.
Praise the Lord
- * MASS TIMES / PARISHES *
- * PARISHES ONLINE during the Corona Pandemic
- * PRAYERS
- * SEASONAL CLASSICS
Search your topic
- How to perfect the autumn at-home date night as parents of young children
- Is France winning the war, unlike these USA, against vax mandates and “passes”?
- When St. Therese dressed up as Joan of Arc (and the sad story of the photo)
- Sir David Amess death: Catholic bishop calls for last rites to be recognized as ‘emergency service’
- *Don’t Give Up On Me* Police Tribute
- Los Angeles removes name of St. Junipero Serra from park where statue was toppled
- Fire ‘set deliberately’ damages Scotland’s national shrine to Our Lady of Lourdes
- A daily practice that can help you overcome and heal from addiction
- Sir David Amess