By Fr. Christopher Pietraszko,
When tempted to commit a gravely immoral act that may consequently be a mortal sin consider the following.
1. Debt is incurred from all sin due to its unjust nature.
2. Repentance does not remove the debt from existence per se, but removes it from you.
3. The debt is transferred to Christ, because the injustice must be responded to, if you seek mercy afterwards.
4. Although Christ is willing to pay the price, by His death, it is another sin to presume upon this mercy in order to free yourself to sin.
5. To presume in this way is to forget, perhaps,