Announcements for July 6 to 16
- New Bulletin Announcements this Week:
- CEMETERY SUNDAY: At the Roman Catholic Cemetery Charlottetown, on Sunday, July 30, 2017 with Mass beginning at 2 pm. The entrance from St. Peter’s Road will be blocked off. For the safety of all attending, there will be no parking on the Mass site. Parking will be at the Kensington Road entrance and St. Pius X Church. In case of rain the Mass will be held at St. Pius X Church.
- Outstanding Generosity – Thank You! The faithful people of the Diocese of Charlottetown contributed $41,289.38 in the special collection for the plight of the starving in South Sudan and other African Countries. This amount was submitted to Development and Peace before the deadline so that the Government will double this amount, $41,289.38.
- Feast Day of St. Anne and St. Joachim Pilgrimage Walk: On Friday, July 28, St. Anne’s Parish will celebrate the Feast Day of our Blessed Virgin Mary’s parents and invites all pilgrims to celebrate Holy Mass at 10:30 following a pilgrimage walk to the church. The walk starts at Stella Maris Church, North Rustico and proceeds to St. Anne’s Church. There is a choice of a long or short walk as follows: the long walk is 9.5 km (2 hrs) departing Stella Maris church at 7:30 am; park at the Stella Maris church. The short walk is 2.0 km joining the long walk on the Toronto Rd. to arrive at the church as a group. For shorter walk, assemble in your vehicles at 8:45 am at Stella Maris Church to be led to park on the Toronto Rd. where you will join the long walk. Knights of Columbus will lead walks, provide maps, water, road crossing safety, return transportation to parked cars during the walk and following Mass. Rain will cancel walks only. For additional detail, call Vernon Buote at 902-963-2106 or 902-314-4065.
- The Priests Benevolent Fund now has a new website to improve communication between the Fund, our supporters, and the public at: www.priestsbenevolentfund.ca Since the Priests Benevolent Fund is a separate organization from the Diocese and its parishes, contacting us directly is the best and fastest way to get the answers to your questions about receipts, donations, and anything else related to the fund. You will find our contact information on the new site. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our generous donors for your contributions to the care of the retired priests of the Diocese of Charlottetown.
- For July and August the Catholic Centre will be closed on Fridays; office hours Monday to Thursday are 8:30 am – 12 noon and 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
- The summer organ recital series returns to St. Dunstan’s Basilica and the Church of St. Simon & St. Jude (Tignish) beginning July 18 with a varied line-up of programs featuring organists, singers, and instrumentalists. For specific dates and information on who all is performing, please refer to this link: Organ Recital Series 2107
- SDU VACATION BIBLE CAMP: Due to cancellations, there are two available weeks for the Vacation Bible Camps which are sponsored by the SDU Board of Governors. Available weeks are August 14-18 and August 21-25. Any parish or parishes that are interested in hosting a week of Vacation Bible Camp should call 393-3441 or email email@example.com for additional information.
- ANNUAL NATIONAL CWL CONVENTION: All CWL members across PEI: You still have time to register for one, two or three days. Think about accepting the invitation to meet Christ in a very meaningful way. Find the registration form in the winter edition of the League magazine and the itinerary in the spring issue. Bring a CWL friend and she will also be inspired. A wonderful way to celebrate Canada 150 with our motto “For God and Canada”! Also, ALL priests of the diocese are welcome to attend the opening mass on Sunday, Aug 6th at 5 pm and the closing mass on Aug 9th at 5 pm, both at St. Dunstan’s Basilica.