St. Denis: Building a parish, one step at a time

Posted May 28, 2017 4:17 am by admin

Recognizing the need eventually to establish new parishes for local Roman Catholics as the city grew in the 1930s and 1940s, Monsignor Denis Morris acquired land on Russell Avenue at the foot of Henry Street as a possible site to serve the city’s north end. It was not until June 1947 that Archbishop McGuigan of Toronto, whose archdiocese included St. […]

Read more ...

Send this to a friend