It’s the long-awaited podcast. Happy Ordinary Time!
- Jane’s been leading a visioning process for youth ministry. It’s been a long process setting goals for up to 20 years in the future.
- Focus attention to accomplish goals, rather than trying to do everything & accomplishing little or nothing.
- Setting boundaries, saying yes or no based on whether or not somethat actually fits the vision.
- Values were set, then the goals/visions will be based on those values.
- Centre for Ministry Development – CCYMN – WCACYM
- Core ideology – yin yang – balance – stability and progress – always in tension. Values create the stability.
- BHAG – Big Hairy Audacious Goal and a vivid description of what the community would look like if the goal was achieved.
- Get ye out of yonder comfort zone, sayeth the Lord!
- Use the tools that work, punk. Truth does not contradict truth.
- The Saskatoon diocese went through a visioning process recently too. Six priorities came out as areas to focus on.
- Trees have roots. Good roots are good. Jesus said so.
Hashtag of the Week: #potato
Question of the Week: Have you seen The Avengers? If you did, what did you think of it?
Song(s) of the Week: “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” as performed by Queen.
We welcome your input! Please comment below or send us feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also be found on Facebook at facebook.com/hotcupofministry or the Twitter as @hotcupministry. And since Pentecost was recently, you should definitely send Andy spirits.